Student Code of Conduct and Ethics
The school expects students to conduct themselves at all times in an acceptable manner. The forms of misconduct listed below are drawn from the Model Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities and Conduct published by the American Bar Association, are considered to be in conflict with the education objectives of the school and, thus subject to dismissal:
1. All types of dishonesty, including cheating, plagiarism, knowingly furnishing false information to the institution, and forgery, alteration or use of institution documents of identification with intent to defraud
2. Intentional disruption or obstruction of teaching, research, administration, disciplinary proceedings, public meetings and programs, or other school activities.
3. Physical abuse of any person on school premises or at a function sponsored or supervised by the school.
4. Theft or damage to the school premises or damage to the property of a member of the school community on the school premises.
5. Failure to comply with directions of institutional officials acting in the performance of their duties.
6. Violation of the law on school premises in a way that affects the school community’s pursuit of its proper educational objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of alcoholic beverages and/or controlled dangerous substances on school premises.
7. All forms of bias including race, ethnicity, gender, disability, national origin and creed as demonstrated through verbal or written communication.
8. All form of sexual harassment.
Conditions of Dismissal
Students may be dismissed from the school for the following reasons:
1. Not adhering to the school’s rules, regulations, policies and code of conduct.
2. Missing more than 20 percent of instructional time that is recorded as unexcused absences.
3. Not maintaining the minimum grade point average
4. Not meeting financial responsibilities to the school
Students must maintain a 75% average for good standing. Below this grade students can be tutored at a fee of $40.00 per hour.